Introduction The Old Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco Building, now known as the Bently Reserve, was the main headquarters building of the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco for nearly sixty years. The building is located at 400 Sansome Street, in the Financial District of San Francisco. Designed by George W. Kelham, the building has an Ionic colonnade that is pure Beaux-Arts, while the upper building is in the new Moderne fashion of 1924. The banking lobby at the Sansome Street entrance contains a mural by Jules Guerin, the artist who created the palette for the 1915 Panama-Pacific International Exhibition. The Old Federal Reserve was added to the National Register of Historic Places in 1984. In 1983, the Federal Reserve Bank of San Francisco relocated to larger facilities on 101 Market Street, and the 400 Sansome Street location was sold to private developers who rented out the space. Prominent law firm Orrick Herrington & Sutcliffe was headquartered in the building until 2002, when the firm moved out of the space. The building continues to be owned by private developers Bently Holdings, who currently rent the upper floors as office space. The Banking Hall and Board Rooms are booked for fundraisers, events, meetings, and conferences.