Saint-Lazare is a station on lines 3, 12, 13 and 14 of the Paris Métro on the border of the 8th and 9th arrondissements. It is the second busiest station of the metro system and is the western terminus of line 14. The station offers connections to the following other stations: The station is named after the mainline railway station, which is situated in the Rue Saint-Lazare. It is in the commercial centre of Paris, near the major department stores. The station opened on 14 October 1904, four days after the opening of the first section of line 3 between Père Lachaise and Villiers. The line 12 platforms opened on 5 November 1910 as part of the Nord-Sud Company's line B from Porte de Versailles to Notre-Dame-de-Lorette. The line 13 platforms opened on 26 February 1911 as part of the same company's line B from Saint-Lazare to Porte de Saint-Ouen. It was the southern terminus of the line until 27 June 1973 when it was extended to Miromesnil. On 27 March 1931 the Nord-Sud Company was taken over by the Compagnie du chemin de fer métropolitain de Paris and line A became line 12 of the Métro and line B became line 13. On 12 July 1999 the RER station of Haussmann – Saint-Lazare was opened.