Porte de Vincennes is a station on Paris Métro Line 1. The station opened as part of the first stage of the line between Porte de Vincennes and Porte Maillot on 19 July 1900 and was the original eastern terminus of line 1 until the extension to Château de Vincennes opened in 1934. Originally the station consisted of two separate island platforms for arrival and departure with tracks on each side. After the extension, a track on each island was filled in to create the present wide platforms. It is named after the Porte de Vincennes , a gate in the former Thiers Wall, which was at the beginning of the road to Vincennes.