Concorde is a station on lines 1, 8 and 12 of the Paris Métro in the Place de la Concorde in central Paris and the 1st arrondissement. The station was opened on 13 August 1900, almost a month after trains began running on the original section of line 1 between Porte de Vincennes and Porte Maillot on 19 July 1900. The line 12 platforms were opened on 5 November 1910 as part of the first section of the Nord-Sud Company's line C from Porte de Versailles to Notre-Dame-de-Lorette. This line was taken over by the Compagnie du chemin de fer métropolitain de Paris and was renamed line 12 on 27 March 1931. The line 8 platforms were opened on 12 March 1914 on the first section of the line from Beaugrenelle (now Charles Michels on line 10) to Opéra; this line had been opened on 13 July 1913, although the platforms at Concorde and Invalides were not yet finished. Concorde is distinctive due to its décor; the tunnel for line 12 is decorated with tiles spelling the Déclaration des Droits de l'Homme et du Citoyen. Ezra Pound's famous Imagist poem, In a Station of the Metro, was inspired by this station.